Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cartographic Skills Lab V - Map Composition


The map was created entirely on Adobe Illustrator, using the resources provided in the lab. 
I began by dragging all individual features off the main canvas, and re-sizing them individually before placing them in their proper place. I chose a yellow-red theme to represent the population concentrations on the lab, with the stronger colors representing greater values.

I did not use the feature of the US map, as I did not think it was necessary to get the message across. The title itself states that the map is that of several Florida counties, and the general location is obvious. I did include the mini map of Florida, and marked the counties which are represented in red.

The neatline was created as a separate independent feature, and placed on the bottom of the feature table before everything else was in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment